I can never stress enough how important it is to use to be using the correct products in your hair. So many people wonder why their hair isn't growing, why it feels like complete crap, and why their ends just keep splitting and splitting. On a daily basis I educate my clients on why they need to be using product in their hair and I make sure to explain to them the consequences if they DO NOT. Why are you going to spend hundreds of dollars to get your hair beautified and then go home and use $.99 Shampoo? Thats just dumb and should NEVER HAPPEN. Respect your hairstylist and listen to their knowledge and advice, trust me, they know best. If suave really was as good as they say, dont you think we would ALL use it?
Underneath all my Pravana Vivid colors my hair is obviously platinum blonde. I get root touch ups with bleach every 6-8 weeks. And try to do a Keratin treatment atleast every 5 months or so. I pride myself in having healthy beautiful soft shiny bleached hair. I follow all the hair rules, so you should too. If i didn't follow the rules i'd have NO HAIR on my head -_-. If you are not putting product in your hair, the blowdryer, flat iron, curling iron ect. has nothing to burn EXCEPT for your hair. If you use product the heat will burn INTO your hair into the cuticle and put into the hair what it is lacking. Heres a list of MY favorite products and what I recommend to my clients.
Shampoos & Conditioners
- Paul Mitchell Awapuhi Wild Ginger
- Paul Mitchell Super Strong
- Joico Reconstructor
- Shimmer Lights - Clairol ( for all my blondies )
- Paul Mitchell Marula Oil
- Its a 10
- Capolla Keratin
- Awapuhi Intense Treatment
- Joico Intense hydrator
- Its a 10 miracle mask
- Brazilian Blowout Masque
Leave Ins (when wet before blowdrying)
- Protein Cream by esuchen
- Paul Mitchell blonding repair spray
- Its a 10 miracle leave in
- Awapuhi Oil
Heat Protector (before any flat iron/curlingiron after dry)
- Awapuhi wild ginger shine spray
- Chi shine spray
Key to perfect hair:
- Do not wash everyday. Trying to wash your hair only 2 times a week is key, i know for some people it seems impossible. You need to let the natural oils get to the ends of your hair. The worst thing you could be doing is washing them all out!
- Use the right products, shampoo, conditioner ect.
- Use good tools! No 10$ Blowdryers and Conair curling irons allowed! Spend the money on a good blowdryer, the ions coming out of the dryer onto your hair make a BIG difference!
- Do not rub the towel against your hair when you get out of the shower. Blot the water out, if your rubbing your splitting your ends!
- GET YOUR TRIMS. A baby trim to keep your dead ends away is the most important. If you aren't trimming your hair the end is splitting and will keep splitting and eventually stop hair growth all together. It needs to get cut to stay strong and healthy!
- Clarify your hair once every week or so to get all the hairspray and product buildup out of it!
- Drinking a lot of water, taking vitamins and eating a lot of protein helps your hair in ways you would never think.
- Deep condition atleast once a week.
- LISTEN TO YOUR STYLIST!!